Novi Sad Street League is 3×3 basketball tournament organized by Dusan Domovic Bulut. The first edition of this tournament was played in 2017 on the newly built Bulut Court. Novi Sad Street League is just another way for Bulut to popularize this Olympic sport. The idea for the event came from his desire to give his city a world-class tournament in every way.
The story behind 3×3 Street League Novi Sad and worldwide collaboration with StayHoops . Giving back to the community by bringing world-class streetball to them!Priča o 3×3 Novosadskoj Uličnoj ligi, prvoj srpskoj ligi u basketu i svetskoj saradnji sa Stayhoops brendom. Osetite svetsku atmosferu basketa 3 na 3, na ulicama Novog Sada!
Posted by Dušan Domović Bulut on Wednesday, March 7, 2018
Tournament has three categories, senior – Pro and Amateur, and junior U18. Street League will be played during the summer, it lasts10 weeks and big finals are scheduled for the 1st of September. Tournament dates within Novi Sad Street League for 2018 will be published later. Below are the rules of the tournament.
3×3 Novi Sad Street League Rules
- Players and teams can play multiple categories (seniors can’t play for juniors).
- Players can change teams during the season.
- The player has to play at least three tournaments to play at the final tournament.
- The team consists of 3 + 1 player on the tournament + 2 shifts during the season.
- The teams play 4 games per tournament (which means that one win in the tournament is enough to qualify for the final tournament if they play all 10 tournaments).
- The teams are divided into groups of five teams. The system of playing: each team plays with every team from the group, which means that every team plays 4 games.
- In case there are more teams, more groups will be made, in case there is a smaller number of teams additional round will be played.
- After the 10th round, Top 6 teams will be playing in the finals.
- Scoring: 20 points for victory; 5 points for the defeat.
- FIBA 3 × 3 rules apply.
- For seniors in the Amateur category will not be measured 12 seconds for the attack, but the referee will remind them to delay the game and may take possession of the ball.
- Rough play and hand checking are permitted.
- The registration fee for the tournament is 1.600 RSD for seniors and 1.200 RSD for juniors.
- Teams pay for each tournament (total of 10 tournaments).
- The team does not have to play each tournament.
- If the team signs for the tournament and does not appear and has not previously canceled participation, it will be punished with disqualification.
- The league is not commercial and therefore there are no cash prizes.
Follow street league on Instagram @3x3streetleague.
Photo by Aleksandar Kamasi